As an urban planner I focused on making cities more sutainable during my studies and carreer. I studied Urban Development at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences followed by Urban Planning at the University of Amsterdam where I also dit my masters Urban Studies. I researched the implementation of sustainability goals in area development in Boston and Amsterdam (https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14649357.2016.1210666). I've also worked on social issues in the Amsterdam neighbourhood action team. Currently I work for an area developer to implement new aproaches to increase sustainable performance of our projects. I love sporting outdoors by cycling or running and, very cliche, live on a little housebout appartment in Amsterdam with my wife and two Cats.
Vision on & relation to sustainable just cities
I am an urban enthusiast and believe we can do so much better to work for more sustainable results in planning, developing and managing cities. While systemic change is necessary, I also believe action is required to show that there is always a way of doing things better.
In my work I include a variety of stakeholders to come up with alternative ways to realize energieneutral neighbourhoods, implement circular principles and decrease car ownership and usage by promoting alternative modes (shared) transportation. I have recentlypartnered up with a collleauge to add inclusiveness (inclusive city) with my sustainability work.
More about me
Websites & social media
Key readings / projects (top 1-10)
- The implementation deficits of adaptation and mitigation: green buildings and water security in Amsterdam and Boston https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14649357.2016.1210666
- Circulaire Prestaties, een cultuurverandering https://www.platform31.nl/blogs/blogs-platform31/circulaire-prestaties-een-cultuurverandering
- White Paper: Circulair Ontwikkelen https://www.am.nl/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/DEF-Versie-White-Paper.pdf
- Project: Bajes KWartier, Amsterdam https://www.bajeskwartier.com/duurzaamheid/
- Regulation Dilemma Report https://pure.uva.nl/ws/files/2520878/163696_aprilab_regulation_dilemma_report_final_deliverable_3a_1_.pdf
- Book: Slimme Stad, Zo doe je dat https://future-city.nl/bestel-het-boek-een-slimme-stad-zo-doe-je-dat/
- English https://future-city.nl/smart-city-book-eng/
- Verstedelijking vraagt om een slimmer proces: https://www.am.nl/verstedelijking-vraagt-om-een-slimmer-proces/
- Circulaire Dilemma's http://romagazine.nl/19655-2/19655