Feminist perspectives for sustainable just cities
Creating Feminist perspectives for sustainable just cities is the 7th UrbanA Community Conversation (CoCo), previous CoCos reports and videos can be found on our blog on Medium and by following the #UrbanACoCo on social media (twitter, instagram, facebook).
Sara Ortiz Escalante will open this CoCo speaking about the relevance of gender perspectives to create sustainable and just cities. Sara works at Col·lectiu Punt 6 (Collective Point 6), a cooperative engaged on feminist urbanism to “make our cities more inclusive and make the people who inhabit them the experts of the spaces that surround us.”
The CoCo will address the following questions:
- How have cities reorganised work and what have been the gender consequences of the Covid-19 crisis in the distribution of care?
- How have cities supported care of dependents in the Covid-19 crisis?
- How have cities responded to the diversity of needs, households and people?
- What can cities change to place care and people’s life at the center in the new scenario post-Covid?
Link to other Wiki-pages
- UrbanA consortium partner BCN.UEJ's resource page: http://www.bcnuej.org/projects/urbana/
- Booklet of Summaries: DRIVERS OF INJUSTICE IN THE CONTEXT OF URBAN SUSTAINABILITY, BCN.UEJ (42 page PDF): http://www.bcnuej.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Booklet-of-summaries_Arena.pdf
Articles and blog posts
- Is this the world’s most radical mayor? Ada Colau of Barcelona, 2016. Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/26/ada-colau-barcelona-most-radical-mayor-in-the-world
- Can Masdeu: Rise of the Rurbano revolution (Barcelona squat). PDF Archived at: https://web.archive.org/web/20070718211132/http://www.inthefield.info/rurbano_revolution.pdf
- Covid-19, justice, and sustainability in cities - UrbanA Open Webinar. June 2020 with BCN.UEJ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dx2B3R9jTc
- BARCELONA REVOLUTION [HD] with subtitle. Mayo del 2011, Barcelona se revoluciona para conseguir una democracia real. Uploaded by Emili Mas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpK6w5UjzJc